Saturday, May 3, 2008

Electric, Cable, and Shingles, Oh My!

David and I walked through the house this afternoon to check things out, and they're still getting stuff done, every week. The most noticeable when you drive up, is the brick work on the side of the house and the shingles covering the roof. They've also done all of the electric work and cable. I'm told the security wiring was supposed to be done this past week as well, but I'm not sure what that looks like to know for sure if it's been done. At any rate, someone has gone through the house on a pre-inspection walkthrough and made their remarks on the walls, studs, floor, etc. for things to be fixed before the official inspectors come around. They should be around next week, because a week from this Tuesday, they'll be starting drywalling the house. We have a "pre-drywall" meeting with the builders on May 12, so we can get another official update and ask some questions. All in all, it's looking good, and we're excited about the progress.



The shingles have almost been completed. There are a few spots left to go, however.






David and I were pleased with how the brick looked up on the wall. Like I said last week, we weren't sure that it was the right color, but now that we see it up, it's definitely looking good.



The stone for the front part of the house has also been delivered...








...Unfortunately it looks like the driveway took some damage from the delivery.






There are lots of wires and outlets everywhere now.

Be careful! Those are live wires!



David spotted a piece of artwork left in the rafters of the gameroom by one of the builders...it looks like a demonic turtle, doesn't it?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the house looks absolutely magnificent. I can see many a nice things and memorise in the making.

Anonymous said...

I meant MEMORIES!! I can see many a nice things and MEMORIES are going to be made here....