Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome Home Tomasson Family!

Well, here we are, less than 12 hours away from owning our dream. This past week has been full of ups and downs and pleanty of drama. After all has been said and done, we shouldn't have any problems tomorrow morning when we go to sign the papers. There are still a few things on our list that the builder hasn't fixed after the walk-through, but we meet with them tomorrow before the closing and they should have pleanty of time to fix all of the outstanding issues. At worst, the closing will only be delayed by a couple of hours. Overall, David and I are very pleased with the outcome. I just can't believe we're fortunate enough to live in such a nice house and in such a wonderful neighborhood. We have so much to do in the next few days. Tomorrow, after the closing, we need to stop by the post office to pick up our mailbox key, and then Mom and I will be sealing the grout in all the tiles. That could take a while. In the meantime, David will be trying his hand at a little electrical work by moving and installing ceiling fans in all of the bedrooms and even the porch! Tuesday, after the water softener and office furniture are delivered, David's dad arrives just in time to help put plastic coverings on all the floors in anticipation for the painter, who begins his work on Thursday. David and his dad will undoubtedly have a great time together playing pool and romping around with Bert while I'm at work. I'll be sure to take pictures of the painting progress. Our official move-in date isn't until July 22nd. Keep your fingers crossed that all of our deliveries come without any problems and that the coaches won't flake out when it comes time to do the heavy lifting. Here is a room by room tour of the house. Hope you like it!




I was super excited to see our new trees planted. We've been waiting this entire 5 months wondering if we'd get any, but they pulled through and the tree's look awesome.







Welcome Home Tomasson Family!!!









This is a huge side yard. We may have the fence moved up a bit to add to the back yard, but what I really look forward to is hanging a swing from this tree.



Our beautiful house looking from the font entry. It's pretty empty and white right now, but by early next week, it will be painted and furnished and home sweet home.







Here's the front bedroom, better known these days as Bert's room.









Downstairs Guest Bathroom.







Here are the french doors to the study which is just off of the dining area. It's so nice to have a separate room just for the office.





I'm hoping to have a few big family holiday dinners here some day. Maybe Thanksgiving???







This living room is great! The trees in the background make it so peaceful and private.





Let's not forget about our lovely stone gas fireplace. Come winter, it's going to be so neat to start a fire with the flip of a switch. Someday I will replace the mantle. It just doesn't fit such a nice area. Maybe it can be a nice birthday gift...hint...hint....





My finished kitchen. I just love the stainless appliances. Our stuff has been in storage for so long, I'm excited to get my kitchen gear back now that I have tons of cabinet space.









Not a great picture, but here's our breakfast knook right off the kitchen and living room.








Another not-so-great picture, but this is what we'll see every morning when we wake up in our master bedroom. Again, I just love all the trees and privacy this lot provides.


Here's a pretty good glipse of the entire master bathroom through the mirror. This is going to be my favorite room of the house.




The game room will defintely be a fun place. The pool table is on its way from the manufacturer in Tennessee, and will be here by the end of next week.




I'm pretty sure if we have any get togethers, this will be the most happening place in the house.






The upstairs guest bedroom is a mini-suite with it's own bathroom. Our first guest will be here on Tuesday, and he'll move in with us after the painter is finished. We're excited to see you Tom!



Here's the upstairs bathroom. Tom will have to share with anyone playing pool up there.
And finally our backyard. I think Bert will thoroghly enjoy running around in this yard. Maybe he'll have a pool to cool off in someday.

No comments: