Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tomasson Updates

Well, it's been awhile since I've been able to update the blog, but nothing too terribly exciting has been going on, really. Some of you might know that I'm being treated for gestational diabetes, which forces me to prick my fingers seven times a day to monitor my glucose. Luckily, I've been able to control it quite well with diet alone, and we hope that I won't need any insulin before Xander's ready to meet the world. And it comes with a perk...I get monthly sonograms, so we can peek in and see how big he's getting. The doctors want to make sure that he doesn't get too big for a natural delivery. As of 4/28 he was about 3lbs, and he looked great.
















In other news, David will be having surgery on June 12th to remove a polyp from his vocal cord. He's been fighting chronic hoarsness for the past couple of years and finally went to see a speacialist. Besides not being allowed to speak for four days after the surgery (I'll believe it when it really happens), there's not any long term issues he needs to worry about. Hopefully this operation will help him feel better and he'll be back to normal when his son is born...it'll be nice to hear him sing to Xander.


















Other than those minor health matters, we were finally able to finish decorating the nursery. The only thing missing is the glider chair that was special ordered and should arrive the beginning of June.





















































































4 comments:

David T. said...

That is going to be one spoiled kid.... :) Room looks great...

Gossling Family Album said...

Sarah the room looks awesome. I love it and Xander is going to love it. I agree he is going to be very spoiled.

Kimberrykim said...

Congrats you guys!! The nursury is super cute! Hope you are doing well. Have a great summer!

Anonymous said...

hey coach, room looks great ... the First born always leaves a special place in your heart. i should know i am a first born... But we are needy haha
Have a great summer, Delaney :)